Thursday 19 June 2014

Introduction

Having started working in wine retail a year or so ago, I have learnt to assess wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting.

My partner Jo reckoned that I should start posting my notes as a blog, and other people agreed, so here is that blog!

I have completed my WSET Level 2 study successfully, but I am by no means an expert.  Some of my assessments may be way off the mark but I would be delighted to get other opinions - in fact that is the main point of me starting the blog.  So feel free to let me know what you think.

Although some of you may know, or perhaps take a confident guess at where I work, I must emphasise that this blog is completely personal and it represent my views and my views alone.  Through this blog I do not intend to represent any person or organisation other than myself.

Also, without wanting to sound po-faced, I think that getting smashed is NOT clever, and alcoholism is NOT funny.  I believe that we all have a responsibility to ourselves and our loved-ones to take care of our health.

I do intend to post other stuff in relation to wine that I know or find out that I think are interesting. I hope you like what you read, and let me know what you think.  Suggestions for improvement are welcomed every bit as much as compliments.

With much love, Martin Hynes.


No comments:

Post a Comment